Organization: FIS Mobile (FIS Global)
Contact Name: Beth Nieman
Address: 2001 Summit Park Drive, Orlando FL 32810
Phone Number: 407-551-8387
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: www.fisglobal.com
Job Title: SDK Technical Writer
Job Duration: Direct Hire
Our Mobile Platform team is seeking a highly-skilled technical writer (preferably in the SF area) to create the developer-facing documentation for our industry-leading mobile application platform. Our platform is used by financial institutions and retailers to deliver next-generation banking and payment products across a variety of digital channels (mobile, web, wearables, TV, etc.). Working with our agile product development teams, you’ll document the developer guidelines and best practices for using our mobile app frameworks (iOS, Android, Web), micro-service framework, core platform services, APIs and SDKs.
We need a tech writer with excellent research and writing skills, who is able to find, assimilate, and communicate information quickly, accurately, and completely. You’ll learn about our products by working directly in the development environment and by building relationships with our subject matter experts. You must be able to handle multiple changing priorities and requirements, as well as accommodate unplanned deliverables or activities. Exceptional interpersonal and teamwork skills are essential, and, as a member of the product team, you should be able to assess and communicate risks and dependencies, recommend appropriate mitigations, and escalate appropriately to project stakeholders.
- Create, publish and maintain the developer documentation for SDK product releases.
- Partner with the SDK product owner to create documentation plans for upcoming SDK product releases.
- Partner with key stakeholders from product management, engineering and developer support teams to collect, prioritize and track the delivery of critical developer documentation requirements – using JIRA and other project tracking tools.
- Maintain documentation repositories (Confluence, etc.) and be the primary gatekeeper for publishing new documents and document revisions.
- Partner with engineering to evaluate and select tools for automating the generation of API reference documentation from source repositories (header files, swagger, etc.)
- Participate in cross-functional team projects and contribute to improving our documentation tools, processes and workflows.
- 3+ years of experience creating and publishing developer-oriented documentation for commercial software products in a business setting.
- Clear technical writing and verbal communication skills with an attention to detail and accuracy.
- Familiarity with programming languages and APIs (REST, HTML5, Java, Objective C, Swift).
- Understanding of industry best practices for organizing, publishing and maintaining online documentation for developer communities.
- Relevant experience or knowledge of app frameworks, development tools, standards and APIs.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
What We Can Offer You
- Industry competitive salary
- Excellent work-life balance
- Full medical coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- 401(k) program to help you save for the future
- Share in FIS’s financial success with our ESPP
- Mentoring by smart, passionate managers – We promote career development and growth
- Free Thursday lunches and an endless snack and drink supply
- Great locations (SF, Larkspur, and Petaluma) close to public transportation
FIS Mobile connects consumers to their money – through leading-edge mobile banking, payments and commerce solutions. We’re the mobile development engine of FIS – the largest, Fortune 500, global FinTech company powering over 1,400 banking apps and 35+ million mobile users. Our solution is branded by our customers – banks and retailers – so you might not have heard of us. But, if you’ve used a banking app, you’re most likely using FIS Mobile software. Join us in setting the standard in mobile financial services.