Steyer Content is seeking a junior- or mid-level technical writer with strong DITA skills as well as a solid understanding of typical engineering documentation for a contract role with one of our clients in Fremont, California. In this role, you’ll write technical documentation using engineering schematics and specs as well as input from subject matter experts. You’ll then validate, route for approval, publish, and manage the docs over time.
If you’re the right person for the job, you can look at hardware schematics and pull out the information you need for your own deliverables. You have ample experience creating manuals and guides; you’ve worked with DITA, SDL Live Content Architect, and other technical authoring tools, and you’re a self-driven problem-solver with excellent interpersonal skills.
This is a 3 + month, on-site contract in Fremont, California. We are considering candidates nationwide, but we’ll only be able to respond to applicants who meet the basic qualifications for this role.
- 3+ years of experience in technical writing
- Ability to navigate and understand typical hardware engineering documentation (schematics, specs)
- Experience in HTML, XML, or SGML
- Experience using DITA
- Experience using Adobe FrameMaker, Oxygen, or Arbortext Editor
- Experience using content management systems to publish content
- Experience using SDL Live Content Architect