Organization: Vlocity Inc.
Contact Name: Stewart Florsheim
Address: 50 Fremont, San Francisco CA 94105
Phone Number: 510-388-4136
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: https://vlocity.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer (Communications Industry)
Job Duration: Permanent
Vlocity products enable our customers to deliver rich, digital experiences to their employees, partners, and customers across any channel — from the web, to mobile devices, to the contact center. Through the use of flexible web templates, Vlocity allows our customers and their digital agencies to adapt the user interface to their brand and their specific sales and service processes. This position will be responsible for documenting our Enterprise Product Catalog (EPC) — one of the core products we offer for communications service providers. The EPC is used for product life cycle management, and orchestrates product behaviors across all phases of design, CPQ, and order management processes.
You’ll work closely with our product development team and become an expert in our product functionality. You’ll participate in our agile process — including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and release meetings. You’ll learn every feature — from the time of its conception through its release and customer deployment. You’ll have input on product enhancements and new features, and interact with our highly-experienced product and engineering leaders.
You’ll develop a comprehensive set of documentation, mostly geared towards customers and partners who are setting up and configuring our products. The documentation includes online reference materials, support articles, and implementation guides. You’ll consider the most appropriate medium to use — text, videos, and/or graphics — and then deliver the materials through the online Vlocity Community.
You’ll engage directly with Vlocity’s services teams to understand the challenges that they’re facing, giving you the feedback you need to enhance our documentation. You’ll be integral to the success of our ‘early adopter’ customers from around the world. You’ll use your product expertise to help solve real customer problems, and then incorporate what you’ve learned into our community.
You’re a gifted writer, and have a penchant for making complex topics easy and engaging. You’re always scouring the web for new and creative ways to communicate product information. You know who’s doing it right, and emulate them. You’re aware of the best practices, but also want to create some of your own.
You have a passion for making customers successful. You want to learn how customers use the product, and are always asking questions to fill in your knowledge. You dive into their use cases, test our products ability to meet their needs, and then offer your expert advice. You transform questions from our services team into knowledge articles, allowing users to self-serve the next time. You want to ensure that the next time they get stuck, your materials will be there to get them through.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in technical writing or a related function, preferably for a software company
- Experience documenting business applications, such as CRM, CPQ, and/or order management
- Experience with MadCap Flare or a similar tool, such as FrameMaker, is preferred
- Experience writing documentation for system admins is a bonus
- Experience doing needs analyses and information design is a bonus
- Experience in the Telecommunications industry is a bonus
- Experience with the Salesforce Platform is a bonus
- Experience using a multimedia approach to documentation is a bonus
- Experience with a video production tool, such as Camtasia, is a bonus
- Stellar academic background. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills required
- Experience in small, agile teams is a bonus
- Must enjoy the challenges and opportunities of a start-up environment
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and drive
- US work permit required
Send us a cover letter that relates your experience to what we’ve told you about the role. Be sure to include a link to samples of your written work. We’d like to see examples of how you’ve communicated complex tasks — through writing, diagrams, and/or video.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.