Contact Name: Deborah Stafford
Address: Tasman Drive, San Jose CA 95134
Phone Number: 506-674-5633
Email Address: Deborah.Stafford@Innovatia.net
Web Site: www.innovatia.net/careers/
Job Title: Intermediate Technical Writer
Job Duration: 3 to 6 months ongoing
Works with internal and external organizations to develop, plan and write/edit internal and external technical documentation. Work requires use of the appropriate editorial/logical methodologies and process management. Ensures that documentation is written in a manner that customers with limited to highly proficient technical product knowledge can understand and use the material.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize, plan, develop and write documentation sets, including complex technical material, with limited or no supervision.
- Identify, plan for, and revise technical writing project requirements, and research complex source material for documentation projects.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams such as TAC, engineering, test, product marketing and other documentation teams to produce accurate, high quality documentation for our customers.
- Define logical content strategy, content architecture, data model, schema design, descriptive metadata stewardship, topic set, taxonomy, and content data governance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements, analyze and define user requirements and user personas.
- Understand business cases for creating newer content types and include them in short-term and long-term content strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
- Assess, catalogue, and organize content inventory and define a content strategy to improve the structure of content, access to information, and relevancy of content to the targeted audience.
Business/Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise:
- High proficiency in networking technology and a thorough understanding of technical writing and project management.
- Experience in producing user documentation including installation guides, configuration guides, CLI guides and Online Help documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong working knowledge and application of style guides and industry practices.
- Understand business process flows, navigational flow, create wireframes, site maps, and use cases.
- Possess a strong understanding of the value of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling, and add value to content-centric organizations.
- Possess an understanding of the fundamentals of information architecture, content strategy, and related taxonomies.
- Have in depth understanding of content-systems related functions, processes, and editorial functions utilizing current web-based technologies and data architectures.
- Have in depth understanding of DITA and related standards and tools.
- Post-secondary education required
- Knowledge of technical writing for highly complex networking technology
- Ability to solve problems and make decisions
- Innovation and learning
- Industry knowledge
- Ability to think globally
- Customer focused
- Leadership skills
- Acknowledged technical expertise on product and domain
- Be a customer advocate
To apply for this dynamic opportunity, upload your resume to www.innovatia.net/careers/.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.