Contact Name: David Friedman
Address: 1600 Amphitheater Blvd, Mountain View, CA 94043
Phone Number: 650-526-2105
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: https://developer.android.com/docs/
Job Title: Technical Writer, Android API
Job Duration: Indefinite (FTE)
If you’re a tech writer who’s interested in the mobile space, and you enjoy the world of software development, we might have a home for you! Our team writes API documentation for the Android platform that powers a host of phones, tablets, and other connected devices.
Technical Writers communicate complex information clearly, concisely and accurately, and without relying on jargon. As a Technical Writer, your role involves tasks such as writing conceptual overviews and procedures, reading and writing example code, or updating help center queries and FAQs. Technical Writers play a big part at Google. They are a key link between Google Engineers, Product Managers, Marketing Associates, Developer Advocates, as well as Client Developers and users, tying together many vital but disparate parts of the Google ecosystem.
As a Technical Writer working on developer products, you might support some of the world’s most popular developer platforms, including APIs for the Android Platform, Google Maps API, App Engine and Chrome. You will communicate with external developers worldwide and/or internal Google audiences through conceptual documentation, detailed developer guides, code samples, API references, and other online materials. You might have a background as a developer, and write as a hobby; or perhaps you’re an experienced communicator who loves digging deep into code. One thing is for certain – you are passionate about helping developers do amazing things.
Google is and always will be an engineering company. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology’s greatest challenges and make an impact on millions, if not billions, of users. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on massive scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From AdWords to Chrome, Android to YouTube, Social to Local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Write technical documentation for internal or external developer audiences, such as API reference docs and developer guides
- Design and organize documentation sets for new APIs and developer products
- Edit, clarify, and proofread documents written by others, and coach non-writers on ways to improve their writing skills
- Manage complex documentation projects
- Supplement developer documentation with relevant sample code
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Two years of relevant experience, such as technical writing, product documentation, or online publishing including experience with writing technical customer-facing materials
- 4 years of relevant work experience, including experience researching and writing excellent documentation for developers (APIs, SDKs, web technologies)
- Proficiency with HTML and CSS; proficiency in a UNIX environment
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment