Organization: Sumo Logic
Contact Name: Cris Domingo
Address: 305 Main Street, Redwood City, CA 94063
Phone Number: 650-241-0686
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.sumologic.com
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Duration: 6 Months
As our Contract Technical Writer, you will create content to help a highly technical audience engage with cutting-edge cloud-based log analysis software for this 6-month contract. This includes working on application documentation, training guides, and FAQs as well as developing templates to allow our wider partner audience to contribute documentation with the same consistency and quality. As a select member of a small team, you will actively engage with Sumo Logic team members on how we can constantly improve our content quality and delivery.
- Develop and maintain application documentation that allows users to take advantage of pre-built searches and dashboards
- Work with internal teams to obtain an in-depth understanding of the product and the documentation requirements
- Propose and promote standards for how apps content is created by developers, delivered to customers, and maintained
- Create tutorials to help end-users use a variety of applications
- Minimum 3+ years of complex software-focused technical writing experience
- Sumo Logic’s product is used by Engineers, IT and Security professionals. It is important, you have experience writing for a technical audience
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven communication skills
- Experience working directly with software engineers and other technical subject matter experts
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Technical Communication, a related technical discipline, or relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of Sumo Logic
- JSON, SQL, or JQuery
- Experience with SAAS and cloud-based services
Who Are We?
Sumo Logic currently has 1500+ enterprise customers with $160.5M in funding from the world’s leading investors (Accel, Greylock, Sequoia, Sutter Hill, and DFJ Growth), and we are reshaping the Big Data landscape with its cloud-based machine data analytics platform with an All-Star team.
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semistructured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily – positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business, and growth.