Contact Name: Tim Stafford
Address: 1825 S. Grant St., San Mateo, CA 94402
Phone Number: 888-494-1570
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.snaplogic.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: Full time
SnapLogic is the leader in self-service application and data integration. Our mission is to make it fast and easy for users to access, connect and analyze enterprise data to improve business processes, accelerate decision-making, and drive better business outcomes.
SnapLogic’s Enterprise Integration Cloud accelerates data flow across applications, databases, data warehouses, big data streams, and IoT deployments – whether on-premises or in the cloud. Unlike traditional integration software that requires painstaking, hand-crafted coding by teams of developers, SnapLogic’s simple but powerful platform enables both IT and business users to create quality, scalable data pipelines that get the right data to the right people at the right time.
Hundreds of Global 2000 customers – including Adobe, AstraZeneca, Box, GameStop, Verizon, and Wendy’s – rely on SnapLogic to automate business processes, accelerate analytics, and drive digital transformation. SnapLogic was founded by data industry veteran Gaurav Dhillon and is backed by blue-chip investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Capital One, Ignition Partners, Microsoft, Triangle Peak Partners, and Vitruvian Partners. Learn more at snaplogic.com.
This is a hands-on, technical engineering position dedicated to contributing our users’ successful experience with SnapLogic Enterprise Integrated Cloud platform. Working closely with the Engineering and Product teams, develop lucid documentation. This role demands a strong technical background and highly motivated team player with excellent communication skills that can also thrive independently. This position works directly with cross functional teams in an Agile environment to develop documentation for semi-technical and business users.
What You’ll Do
- Develop technical content spanning user guides, in-product help, UX/UI content, videos/storyboards, tutorials, and release notes
- Scope documentation impact of user stories and defects
- Collect details to update the documentation for features developed within a sprint
- Participate in release planning meetings, daily scrums, and release retrospectives
- Resolve defect and enhancement requests from internal stakeholders and external users
- Become a SnapLogic subject matter expert (SME)
- Effectively communicate procedural and technical issues to audience ranging from business users to IT
- Work closely with a globally-dispersed team, across time zones, to get the information you need and getting review feedback
- Prioritize workload for multiple projects on a quarterly release cycle
- Be a customer advocate
What We’re Looking For
- 5+ years technical writing experience with application/data integrations, APIs, and cloud-based enterprise software. This may include:
- HTTP technology and principles, including REST protocols
- Database technologies and a working knowledge of SQL
- Familiarity with Linux OS
- Demonstrable writing skills for providing concepts and procedures to varying audiences
- Solid experience with Confluence, Snagit, JIRA, Google Docs, and Slack
- Proven interpersonal skills, working effectively with various levels of the organization, across many different functional areas
- Excellent organizational skills (must be able to manage concurrent projects with different parts of the organization)
- Self-directed individual that continuously seeks out new challenges
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing, English, Computer Science, or a similar field
Why Join Now
There’s never been a better time to join SnapLogic. Here are the top 6 to join the SnapLogic team:
Hot Market: With the proliferation of cloud apps, explosion of big data sources, emergence of IoT, and an increasingly complex data landscape, the need for integration technologies has risen to the top of the agenda for data-driven companies. According to industry analysts, the Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS) market grew by 61% in 2016, the fastest growth area in the application infrastructure and middleware market.
Company Momentum: In 2016, SnapLogic doubled its year-over-year bookings revenue, added more than 300 new customers (bringing its total customer-count to 700+), raised an additional $40 million to accelerate innovation and growth, expanded globally with new offices in the UK and Australia and new channel partners in LATAM and APAC, and grew our global employee base to 225+ of the industry’s best and brightest.
AI-fueled Product Innovation: SnapLogic’s modern, self-service, cloud-native platform makes integration fast and easy with no coding – for IT and LOB leaders alike. Earlier this year, SnapLogic took this product leadership to new heights by introducing industry-first artificial intelligence technology, called Iris, which will underpin a series of exciting innovations over the next 2-3 years to drive the future of autonomous integration.
Happy Customers: Our customers are seeing unmatched results with the SnapLogic platform. Adobe enabled 800+ “citizen integrators” and saved millions per year. AstraZeneca enabled 100+ self-service users globally on a single platform for both apps and data. Box connected 24+ apps in months with only 1.5 developers. SnapLogic’s customer retention rate is 95%+, and analysts recognize SnapLogic as the industry-leader in customer satisfaction.
Industry Recognition: In the first half of 2017, industry-watchers have recognized our company, products, customers and employees as best-in-class. Gartner recognized SnapLogic as a Leader in their Magic Quadrant for Integration Platform as a Service (iPaaS), CRN Magazine picked SnapLogic as a top innovator in their 2017 Big Data 100 List, and DBTA Magazine named SnapLogic among the Top 100 Companies That Matter Most in Data.
Vibrant Company Culture: We firmly believe that our people are our strongest asset as a company and we never lose sight of that fact. Our work environment and employee programs and services are all geared to ensure that our employees have challenging and meaningful roles and also a great place to do the best work of their careers. Our efforts to keep our culture thriving and strong are paying off: for two years’ running, we have been named a Bay Area Top Workplace by the Bay Area News Group and Mogul selected SnapLogic for their list of the Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women.
SnapLogic is headquartered in San Mateo, CA with offices in New York, NY; London, UK; Hyderabad, India; and Melbourne and Sydney, Australia.