Organization: Box, Inc.
Contact Name: Rosetta Phan
Address: 900 Jefferson Ave., Redwood City, CA 94063
Phone Number: 650-209-3316
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: https://www.box.com
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Duration: Staff
It’s an amazing time to be working at Box. With millions of users on our platform, we have an opportunity to ship products that fundamentally change the way that people work. We are looking for a technical writer to lead all aspects of documentation here at Box.
Box is growing fast. Really fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the only company that can help enterprises transform how people work together. As the technical writer responsible for all Box documentation, you will be creating content that will be consumed by users in many of Fortune 500 companies. Box is an exciting, fast-paced company that has the benefits of being post-IPO, but the energy of a startup.
This is a very rare opportunity to help establish at a large company a modern documentation process from scratch. Our team is searching for someone who not only has the chops to deliver timely documentation for all our releases and launches, but can also help set the vision of how the technical writing function should evolve to streamline the process internally. You should be able to explore new ways to create increased engagement from our thousands of customers. You understand the importance of defining and measuring success. You know quality writing when you see it (and create it).
- Keep Box customers aware of new and existing features by conveying technical material in a clear, concise fashion, and keep them engaged and ready for the next release
- Provide insight and drive strategic initiatives around organizational knowledge management, development processes, and automation tooling
- Help establish writing style guide and work to refine and improve documentation deliverables
- Actively gather information from product managers, software engineers, designers, and others about new features and upcoming product changes
- Actively participate in agile development team meetings and represent the interests of the product operations team
- Collect and understand a large amount of technical information from engineering teams, then translate and represent the information in a manner suitable to the target audience
- Ensures consistency of tone and use of language across all Box documentation and within Box products
- Edit and update existing written documentation (mostly online knowledge base articles) and on-screen text
- Clean up and organize existing help content to ensure only most relevant content is presented