Organization: Vlocity Inc.
Contact Name: Stewart Florsheim
Address: 50 Fremont St, San Francisco, CA 94105
Phone Number: 510-388-4136
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: https://vlocity.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer (Core Platform)
Job Duration: Staff
Vlocity is a fast-growing enterprise applications company focused on bringing industry-specific business processes to the cloud. With over 500 employees around the world and customers on six continents, Vlocity has been the fastest-growing independent software vendor on the Salesforce Platform for two years running. Vlocity has raised over $100MM in capital from investors including Salesforce.com, Accenture, and Sutter Hill Ventures.
Vlocity develops software to help communications, media and energy providers, insurance carriers, and government agencies digitally engage customers through their channels and devices of choice. We serve dozens of the world’s Fortune 5000 companies including Sky Italia, Telecom Italia, TELUS, 3, Telecom Argentina, Cellcom, New York Life, Farmers Insurance, Harvard Pilgrim, and Anthem. Our solutions run on our customers’ websites, in their contact centers, and on the mobile devices of their service and sales professionals – providing a compelling, modern, omni-channel experience.
This position will be responsible for documenting our core platform, including tools like DataRaptor, our ETL (extract, transform and load) tool. You’ll also be documenting other tools and processes that facilitate the implementation of our industry solutions. A critical part of the role is a desire to understand the product inside and out. To that end, you’ll work closely with our product development team and become an expert in our product functionality.
You’ll participate in our agile process, including daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, and release meetings. You’ll learn every feature, from the time of its conception through its release and customer deployment. You’ll have input on product enhancements and new features, and interact with our highly-experienced product and engineering leaders. You’ll engage directly with Vlocity’s services teams to understand the challenges that they’re facing, using the feedback they give you need to enhance our documentation.
You’ll develop a comprehensive set of documentation, mostly geared towards customers and partners who are setting up and configuring our products. The documentation includes content for business analysts as well as developers. You’ll consider the most appropriate medium to use – text, videos, and/or graphics – and then deliver the materials through the online Vlocity Success Community.
You have a passion for making customers successful. You’re a gifted writer, and have a penchant for making complex topics easy and engaging. You’re always scouring the web for new and creative ways to communicate product information. You know who’s doing it right, and emulate them. You’re aware of the best practices, but also want to create some of your own.
- At least 5 years of professional experience in technical writing or a related function for a software company
- Experience documenting relational databases
- Experience with MadCap Flare or a similar tool, such as FrameMaker
- A portfolio of outstanding documentation samples
- Stellar academic background. Bachelor degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must enjoy the challenges and opportunities of a start-up environment
- Strong work ethic, initiative, and drive
- US work permit required
- Experience documenting business applications, such as CRM, CPQ, and order management
- Experience in one of our industries: Communications, Health Insurance, Insurance, Public Sector, or Energy
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Experience with Git
- Experience with Atlassian tools (Jira and Confluence)
- Experience with the Salesforce Platform
- Experience doing needs analysis and information design
- Experience using a multimedia approach to documentation
- Experience with a video production tool, such as Camtasia