Organization: Clear Point Consultants, Inc.
Contact Name: Carol Szatkowski
Address: 12B Kennedy Rd, Gloucester, MA 01930
Phone Number: 978-865-3140
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.clearpnt.com
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Duration: Perm
I have a startup client in Palo Alto who is looking for a Senior Technical Writer and a Tech Writer (junior – mid) to join a new team- documentation and training. Our client is disrupting the BI industry by making analytics 1000x faster and easier for non-technical business people.
They are looking for innovative tech writers. That means reimagining how people learn about and adopt new ways of doing things. They’re experimenting with more engaging methods, like videos, interactive tutorials, and modern documentation techniques (GitHub/Jekyll). Are you a seasoned technical writer, who’s looking to reinvent how people experience documentation? It’s not enough for you to transcribe a tech talk – you want to get your hands dirty with the software, load some data, and learn it yourself. You spearhead your own projects (localization or a Knowledge Base), instead of just getting stuck in the release cycle rut. If so, let’s talk!
You’ll be responsible for the documentation function and our portal, that means that you’ll figure out to best way to achieve our objectives, whether that means documentation, videos, tutorials, or something that hasn’t been invented yet.
- Manage documentation projects involving multiple project teams
- Solve information challenges with efficient use of time and resources
- Constantly reimagine how we do things, to optimize for speed, quality, and effectiveness
- Write original technical content related to databases, Web applications, and business intelligence solutions
- Evaluate documentation technologies and methodologies, to innovate and make our information solutions world class
- 5 to 10 years of experience in technical documentation production
- Bachelor’s degree, with a focus in Communications, English, Instructional Design, Information Management, or a related discipline
- Proven ability to manage documentation projects and deliver within a software release cycle
- Excellent writing skills, with experience writing technical procedures and concept topics for a range of audiences
- Ability to create content in varied voices from charming and witty to technical and serious
- Creativity and innovation in the audio, visual, and written realms
- Markdown and Jekyll for documentation
- Developer tools like GitHub and JIRA Image
- Video editing tools like Adobe Photoshop and Camtasia
- Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with databases and reporting tools like Power BI, Qlik, Tableau, and Excel