Contact Name: Scott Kwait
Address: 5980 Horton Street, Emeryville, CA 94608
Phone Number: 951-623-3288
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.zymergen.com
Job Title: Technical Writer – APIs
Job Duration: Full-time
Founded in 2013 and based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Zymergen is a technology company unlocking the power of biology. We deliver better economics for products made from biology that are used across industries, bring new products to market faster, and develop novel products.
Our proprietary platform uses robots and machine learning to engineer microbes faster, more predictably, and to a level of performance previously unattainable. These microbes, and the products they produce, have broad applications across industries such as chemicals and materials, agriculture, and healthcare. For more information visit www.zymergen.com.
We are looking for a full-time writer to write documentation for engineers on our Technology team. The technical writer will help our growing engineering and product management organization more clearly and concisely communicate about its internal interfaces and processes.
- Document our RESTful APIs, in a manner that communicates basic use case, context (when and why an endpoint or collection of endpoints would be used), and usage examples
- Work with engineers to design documentation schemes that are lightweight and easy for any engineer to update and extend
- Help standardize terminology in internal Technology team usage
- Select tools and programs we will use in API documentation
- Assist with other technical writing tasks as needed
- B.S. or higher in Computer Science or other STEM field; or equivalent software technical writing experience
- 3+ years relevant work experience, with increasing levels of responsibility
- Ability to work well with technical subject matter experts
- Ability to structure written content thoughtfully, with a view to maintenance and re-usability, for an educated audience of software engineers and power users
- Knowledge of best-in-class tools available for API documentation
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently, defining and meeting project objectives
- Ability to define processes and procedures, and communicate those widely in an engineering organization
- Detail-oriented work style, with few mistakes of understanding
- Familiarity with software development and release lifecycles
Please note: No agency submittals, please.