Organization: Intuitive Surgical
Contact Name: Dan Garrett
Address: 1266 Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-5304 USA
Phone Number: 408-523-2059
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: Intuitive.com
Job Title: Sr. Technical Writer
Job Duration: Full-time
Senior Technical Writer (Contractor), Intuitive Surgical, Inc.
Primary Functions of Position:
Create, develop, plan, write, and edit instructions for use (IFU) for medical device systems and instruments. Create large system manuals, instrument manuals, and ship-with literature. Work with interaction designers and engineers to develop appropriate content that is easy for the end user to understand and complaint to all FDA and regulatory guidelines. Work with technical illustrators and graphic designers to create vector and raster images. Contact Dan Garrett at email@example.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with SMEs to research and develop content for technical publications.
- Plan, write, and edit printed technical documentation using Adobe FrameMaker, InDesign, or XML.
- Conduct validation and verification of technical documentation
- Own document creation from inception to completion
- Work with interaction designers and technical illustrators to develop documentation images including both raster and vector images
- Work with regulatory on FDA submission deadlines and requirements
- Complete documentation control steps to release final documentation. This includes ECO work inside the documentation control system
- Collaborate with department team members and with engineering, training, service, legal, and others to develop content
- May sit on product development core teams as representative for technical publications
- 8+ years technical writing experience required
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, professional writing, English or equivalent required
- Understanding of mechanical concepts and complex mechanical devices preferred
- Understanding of cleaning and sterilization for medical instruments preferred.
- Adobe FrameMaker or Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat experience required
- Previous experiences with medical devices and an FDA regulated environment preferred
- XML, DITA, and content management experience preferred
- Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop or equivalent preferred
- Understanding of localization process preferred