Organization: Marvell Semiconductor
Contact Name: Greg Spray
Address: 5488 Marvell Lane, Santa Clara, CA 95054
Phone Number: 949-490-3051
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.marvell.com/company/
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Duration: Full-time
Marvell is a top five fabless semiconductor company that, through our solutions, moves and stores data faster and more reliably than anyone else. Our solutions transform the enterprise, cloud, automotive, industrial, and consumer markets. Technical documentation is part of Marvell products. There is no product without documentation.
At Marvell, you would be part of a diverse and inclusive organization, working with people with language expertise, engineering and science backgrounds, and a passion to improve the customer experience. Your work to clarify and improve the descriptions of our chips is key to our success.
To be successful in the position, you need to be a self-starter and be curious about our technology, with a strong desire to become competent in the subject matter. You have a passion to deliver documentation on time and with high quality. And you desire to lead with integrity and professionalism.
During the hiring process, be prepared to demonstrate your aptitude and curiosity towards technology, your success working in a team environment by helping to bring out the best in others, and ways in which you’ve brought more value to the products you’ve worked on.
Come and join Marvell and be a part of our solutions to provide the best customer-experience in the industry.
- Author content that enables our customers to produce best-in-class products that are used worldwide by consumers in their homes and in the cloud. The product documentation is primarily exclusively hardware products
- Document technical physical layer (PHY) content for integrated systems such as small office/home office (SOHO) systems, automotive components and systems
- Use your keen attention to detail to work with raw content from subject matter experts and produce documentation for a technical audience to enable rapid product adoption and an excellent customer experience
- Develop with standalone and single-source projects that leverage Marvell IP and technical content reuse
- Accelerate documentation review cycle throughput
- Champion the assigned project through to documentation release
- Develop content flow and mapping strategies that enable efficient delivery of quality information to customers
- Work with other technical writers in the business unity as well as coordinating projects and initiatives with writers in other business units in driving on-time, quality technical deliveries
- Actively participate in staff meetings with other talented writers and publication tools developers to work on next-generation products and document delivery platforms
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical field or writing and communication field. Master’s degree and electrical engineering or mechanical engineering a plus.
- 5 to 7 years of experience as a technical writer or an equivalent combination of education and experience with a strong command of language arts.
- Experience with authoring tools such as FrameMaker and drawing tools such as Visio
- Bug tracking database and filter-building experience with such as with JIRA or Bugzilla
- Experience adhering to corporate templates and following corporate style guides is required
- Excellent project management, organizational, and planning skills
- Experience with successfully navigating a matrix organization structure in an Engineering-focused environment
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- A demonstrated results-driven approach and strong interpersonal skills with a winning, positive attitude
- Semiconductor experience is a plus
- Familiarity with how PHY transceivers integrate in SOHO systems, switches, routers, as well as automotive components is a plus
- Preferable characteristics: A “can do” and “will do” attitude
Contact: Greg Spray 949-490-3051, email@example.com