Organization: NXP Semiconductors
Contact Name: Denise Fischer
Address: 411 E Plumeria Drive, San Jose, CA 95134-1924
Phone Number: 512-658-8177
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.nxp.com
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Duration: 6 month contract-to-permanent
The NXP microcontrollers team in San Jose is looking for a technical writer to support documentation of the functionality of microcontroller and microprocessor devices and associated hardware and software enablement documents.
- Work closely with engineering to scope, design, edit, create, and publish hardware documentation (data sheets, reference manuals, application notes, software and tools user guides, etc.) necessary for world-wide customers to design systems using our devices.
- Collect and integrate content originating from design and applications engineers.
- Analyze specifications, register definitions, and functional descriptions for accuracy, completeness, and clarity.
- Technical editing duties include improving information mapping of content, resolving cross-references, ensuring adherence to style and language standards, and coordinating with other functional teams for review, approval, and release of documents.
- Follow standardized processes and workflows in a cross-functional team environment.
- Manage relationships with local and global teams.
- Engineering or Computer Science degree OR a Liberal Arts Degree with strong technical background.
- Must have industry experience in the generation of complex technical documents in an engineering environment.
- Interested in growing technical skills in both hardware and software.
- Strong understanding of DITA/XML fundamentals, structured writing, and single-sourcing principles.
- Experience in using documentation authoring tools, such as XML editors (oXygen, Doxygen, Notepad++), FrameMaker, Microsoft Word, and graphics tools, such as Inkscape or Adobe Illustrator.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced, interrupt-driven environment with frequent internal customer interaction.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams spread across different geographies.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent command of the English language and strong verbal and written communication skills.
This position will start as a 6-month contract with the possibility of becoming permanent. Interested candidates should send their resumes to email@example.com.
About NXP Semiconductors NXP Semiconductors N.V. enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security, and privacy and smart connected solutions markets.