Organization: SS&C Advent
Contact Name: Kira Petersons
Address: 600 Townsend Street, Suite 500, San Francisco, CA 94103
Phone Number: 415-645-1291
Email Address: KPeterso@sscinc.com
Web Site: https://jobs.jobvite.com/advent-software
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: full time
SS&C Advent, a leading provider of award-winning software and services for the global investment management industry, is looking for a technical writer to join our team in San Francisco.
- Create content in different media for different types of users: Develop help, user guides, system admin guides, API guides, web content, in-app user assistance, and manage content on our customer web site
- Work closely with business analysts, software engineers, interaction designers, and support reps to develop technical content
- Work with a team of writers, manage your own projects, and contribute to Technical Communication team initiatives
- Be part of a quickly evolving industry at the intersection of finance and technology, creating and designing content for rich and complex financial software applications
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in a writing, finance, computer science, technology, or math field preferred
- Three or more years of experience writing technical content, preferably software documentation
- Experience with financial services, accounting, or data integration industries or applications strongly preferred
- Knowledge of Adobe RoboHelp, Adobe FrameMaker, AppCues, graphics capture/editing applications, and Jira strongly preferred
- Ability to create elegant, clear, concise, and stylistically consistent documents for complex software applications and workflows
- Track record for delivering high-quality work for multiple projects and deadlines
- Agility in learning new technologies and processes
- Adaptable to varied communication styles and processes of different teams and SMEs
- Drive to find innovative ways to consistently improve content, processes, and teams
Our team values challenging and meaningful projects, and we’re committed to a healthy work-life balance and a culture that emphasizes teamwork. Advent invests in employees through competitive compensation and benefits, and training opportunities. Bring your unique perspective and talent to Advent!
If you’re passionate about technical communication and want to join a hardworking, collaborative team that loves learning and helping others, apply online today: https://jobs.jobvite.com/advent-software.
Advent Software is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse workforce.
Principals only please. NO AGENCY CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED. Please apply directly to Advent. No phone calls please.