Vice President: Liz Fraley
Treasurer: Aaron Redshaw
Secretary: Jenny Hutton
Past President: Philip Powers
Meet Gururaj – Running for Chapter President
The following is a statement to all chapter members from Gururaj, STC-SV presidential candidate for 2020-2021. Guru is currently running unopposed. Elections open on January 15.
Fellow members of the STC Silicon Valley chapter,
My name is Gururaj, and you can call me “Guru.” I’m thrilled to be running for President of the STC Silicon Valley chapter. I’d like to introduce myself first.
I’m working at Oracle as Vice President, Information Development. I live with my family in the Bay Area. I’ve over two decades of experience in the industry. I’m a former president of STC India chapter (2006) and a former owner of Technical Writers of India (TWIN). In my career, I’ve worked closely with leaders of STC (US and India) and tekom/tcworld (Europe) organizations on several initiatives, such as regional conferences, annual conferences, industry-academia collaboration, and so on. I’m a proud recipient of awards from STC Touchstone (technical communication competition sponsored by the Northern California chapters of STC) and STC India (Distinguished Chapter Service). I designed and taught professional technical writing courses at Christ University for over a decade. I really enjoy mentoring and coaching aspiring technical writers.
In my role as President, I want to:
* Focus on developing a strong and vibrant community of technical communicators across the Silicon Valley
* Continue to build strong ties with community colleges and universities
* Create more learning and networking opportunities for the chapter’s current and future members
* Identify prospective members by using data analytics tools and develop plans to attract and retain them
* Provide engagement and leadership opportunities for senior members of the chapter
* Increase the visibility of the STC Silicon Valley chapter to get more people interested and involved in our activities
With my rich experience in leading and managing international chapters of STC and other professional technical communication organizations, I want to help the STC Silicon Valley chapter grow in numbers, relevance, and quality. I want to work with all of you to achieve some or most of these goals. Yes, I’m new to this chapter, but I’m committed to the growth of this community through empathetic, open-minded engagement with the chapter’s past, current, and new members.
I truly appreciate your support, and I hope to continue the great work done by our chapter’s volunteers.