Contact Name: Daniel Chin
Address: 2300 Geng Road, Palo Alto CA 94303
Phone Number: 408-408-4088
Email Address: Pleaseapplythroughwebsite@workday.com
Web Site: https://workday.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/Workday/job/USA-CA-Palo-Alto/Sr-Associate-Technical-Writer_JR-41314-1
Job Title: Senior Associate Technical Writer
Job Duration: Full Time
Job Description: We are looking for a technical writer with a deep passion for improving the customer experience through product documentation. We are a highly collaborative team where a mix of fun, adventure, and hard work drives our success.
What you will do:
- Write and maintain product documentation using a cloud-based authoring and publishing solution.
- Deliver content, such as release notes, and conceptual, how-to, and reference articles.
- Seek out and acquire knowledge about how our customers use our product.
- Manage several deliverables based on release scope and schedule.
- Communicate status and blockers to the doc manager and assigned scrum teams. Proactively manage expectations.
- Produce documentation plans that maps doc deliverables to user stories.
What you will bring:
- Experience: Have at least 2 years as a technical writer documenting complex cloud enterprise software.
Helpful if you have experience with financial operations, human capital management, sales operations, or analytics.
- Writing: Convey complex information simply and clearly using minimalist writing techniques.
- Investigative: Dig deep to figure out how things work – including testing the product and interviewing SMEs.
- Self-starter: Have a “can-do” attitude. Can work well in a dynamic agile development environment.
- Tools savvy: Adapt easily to tools-of-the-trade, including wikis, DITA-based CMS tools like IXIASOFT and oXygen editor.
Helpful if you are familiar with DITA concepts.
- Education: Have a degree in English or Technical Communication.
Nice if you have foundational courses or introductory training in computer programming.