Organization: ThermoFisher Scientific
Contact Name: Ram Venkatraman
Address: 355 River Oaks Parkway, San Jose CA 95134
Phone Number: 408-965-6595
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: https://www.thermofisher.com/
Job Title: Technical Writer
Job Duration: Full Time
Description: What will you do?
- Research and write medical diagnostic hardware and software documentation for products such as liquid chromatograph and mass spectrometer.
- Create new and update existing animations to explain complex workflow, device installations and maintenance procedures.
- Collaborate with scientists, engineering and product evaluation teams, project and product managers in a scientific environment.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of documentation standards.
- Exhibit your skills in creating animations and videos to embed in documentation.
- Create topic-based information that is scalable and reusable.
How will you get here?
- Degree in technical communication, chemistry, biochemistry or related field with an emphasis on technical documentation or relevant experience.
Good to have skills
- Experience in writing hardware install, maintenance instructions or training materials. This may include standard operating procedures as well as manuals or help systems.
- Experience with analytical instruments will be considered an advantage
- Familiarity with FrameMaker, Oxygen or XMetal and topic-based writing.
- Knowledge of Darwin Information Type Architecture (DITA), content analysis, metadata/taxonomy structuring will be good to have.
- Flexible and proactive with the ability to work in an environment of constant change.
- You must be able to collaborate with scientists, fellow writers, project and program managers.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be highly organized and pay attention to details.