Organization: Cerus Corporation
Contact Name: Hosna Akhlaghpour
Address: 2550 Stanwell Dr, Concord CA 94520
Phone Number: 925-288-6083
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://cerus.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: Contract: 3-6 months with extension
Cerus Corporation is a biomedical products company focused in the field of blood transfusion safety. The mission of Cerus Corporation is to establish the INTERCEPT Blood System as the standard of care for transfused blood components globally and enable our customers to do everything in their power to deliver safe and effective blood products to patients.
Cerus Corporation is requesting proposals to generate a draft global Operator Manual for the new INTERCEPT Illuminator. The scope of the manual will be similar to the current operator manual, INTERCEPT INT100 Illuminator, including but not limited to chapters such as Device Description, Use Instructions, Troubleshooting, Cleaning & Maintenance, Transportation & Storage, Warranty and Service. The scope of this project is limited to a draft version of the operator manual that meets the minimum IEC 61010-1:2010 Safety Requirements for Electrical Equipment for Measurement, Control, and Laboratory Use and will be used in design verification and formative human factors studies to evaluate the usability of the system.
A secondary and separate project will be initiated at a later time frame for a refined and finalized version of the operator manual which will be customer facing and used for design validation studies and summative human factors studies
- Experience in writing medical device hardware/software install, maintenance instructions or training materials. This may include standard operating procedures as well as manuals or help systems.
- Experience with FrameMaker and topic-based writing.
- Flexible and proactive with the ability to work in an environment of constant change.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers, technical trainers, project and product managers.
- Strong communication skills, highly organized, and attention to detail.