Organization: Altigen Communicationser Scientific
Contact Name: Barbara Bissinger
Address: 670 N. McCarthy Boulevard, Suite 200, Milpitas CA 95035
Phone Number: 408-597-9000
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: https://www.altigen.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: Permanent
Altigen Communications, a leader in Windows-based UC communications platform products, is seeking a Senior Technical Writer. This position will design, develop, and update product documentation for multiple projects, for a range of audiences (from end-users to system administrators), for a range of output types (PDF files and various types of online help systems). The ideal candidate will be self-managing and will have experience driving the documentation process from beginning to end. He/she must be comfortable documenting evolving product features amid changing schedules. Usability / UX experience a plus. Telecom experience a plus.
- Review and provide feedback on product Release Notes, Functional Specs, and MRDs.
- Develop documentation plans for multiple upcoming product releases, identifying scope of work and preliminary doc development and validation schedules.
- Draft simple use cases for each feature; identify primary and secondary users and their feature needs.
- Review preliminary product UI design as a user advocate.
- Improve the user experience by editing on-screen verbiage such as menu phrasing, option phrasing, and page/tab layout.
- Edit all system error / acknowledgement messages for usability and clarity.
- Adapt writing style to the experience level of the book’s primary audience.
- Work with interim product builds to capture screen shots, modifying them to remove sensitive confidential corporate information.
- Work closely with the product team to schedule and track the review of 30+ product documents, chasing feedback from QA and Engineering as needed. Drive to resolution any conflicting feedback or open issues.
- 5+ years of experience developing and editing software technical documentation for both end-user and administrator audiences.
- 2+ years of experience designing and implementing online Help files.
- 2+ years of using Adobe FrameMaker and ePublisher WebWorks to produce PDF and online Help from a single source.
- 1+ year of experience editing documentation sets for consistency, tone, and phrasing.
- Must have excellent writing skills and interpersonal skills and be very detail oriented.
- Must have a proven track record of scheduling his/her time across overlapping projects with different product teams in different time zones.