STC Silicon Valley provides a variety of employment resources for both employers and job seekers.
Employers: Posting Jobs
Please use our Job Submission Form. Be sure to complete ALL fields on the form. You must indicate whether the job is a staff or contract position; for contracts, please include the length of the contract (in months).
There is no charge for contributing a job listing.
Please note that only the following types of jobs will be accepted:
- Jobs directly related to Technical Communication
- Jobs located in the San Francisco Bay Area
Your submitted job will typically be posted within 24 hours, and will remain on the website for four weeks.
Questions? Contact our Employment Manager.
For Job Seekers: Employment Resources Directory
Listed below are companies and job sites that STC Silicon Valley members have found helpful in their searches.
- STC Silicon Valley’s Technical Communication Job listings
- STC Silicon Valley, Berkeley, East Bay, and San Francisco chapters support the STC Jobs Bay Area website.
- STC Headquarters supports a nationwide STC Job Bank and mailing list (requires login).
Companies that support STC
These companies are long-term, active supporters of STC Silicon Valley in its efforts to help Technical Communicators to find employment.
- Hloom: www.hloom.com
- Outwit Trade: outwittrade.com/how-to-write-a-resume
- Novoresume: novoresume.com and their career blog
- ResumeIO: resume.io/examples
- ResumeLibrary: www.resume-library.com
- TopResume: www.jobfox.com
- Opusone: opusone.ai/resume-builder
Recruiters and Staffing Companies
Commercial Job Boards
- Employment Center
- Job Place
- Nation Job
- Stack Overflow
For Job Seekers: Local Educational Resources
Technical communicators can update existing skills, learn new skills and earn certificates and degrees through accredited programs. The following SF Bay Area colleges and universities offer technical writing courses and programs:
San Francisco State University Major, Minor, and Certificate Programs in Technical and Professional Writing
University of California, Santa Cruz Extension Technical Writing and Communication Certificate Program
San Jose State, Certificate Program in Professional and Technical Writing