Organization: Trilyon, Inc
Contact Name: Carolyn Joshua
Address: Linda Ann Pl, Cupertino, CA
Phone Number: 408-799-9082
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: http://trilyonservices.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: 6 to 12 month Contract
Job Location: Sunnyvale
A Senior Technical Writer is independently effective in performing duties common to writers at other levels. A Senior Technical Writer interprets and improves a body of established procedures, sets project timeframes and priorities, and provides guidance and training to others.
Works independently on multiple and/or larger, more complex projects. Works with subject matter experts in Sunnyvale, Sydney, Wrocław, and other offices worldwide to develop and coordinate approval of task-based documentation.
Creates, revises, edits, and designs technical instructions, including illustrations. Final deliverable formats include HTML, PDF, and online help systems. Serves as an interdepartmental point person on these activities.
Essential Job Functions:
- Writes and illustrates English-language technical documentation for distribution to the client partners and end-user customers in collaboration with product development teams.
- Conducts up-front analysis, develops formal use cases, and develops task-based documentation.
- Influences the product development process to facilitate upstream content development and content quality.
- Develops documentation plans and manages related tasks.
- Establishes understanding and consistent use of processes, tools, inputs, and outputs among all contributors.
- Coordinates reviews, implements comments, facilitates discussion among stakeholders to resolve discrepancies, and secures approval of final documents.
- Conforms to and helps improve and extend standards and processes for content structure, stylistic conventions for writing and illustrating, publishing methodologies, and related tools and infrastructure.
- Communicates effectively in oral and written exchanges among internal and external clients, colleagues, and managers.
- Performs duties as assigned by immediate supervisor or any member of the management team, subject to approval by direct manager and/or departmental VP.
- Assists team members as needed.
- Performs tasks necessary to complete performance objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Five years global English-language technical writing experience.
- Five years experience in networking or telecommunication domains.
- Experience using minimalist writing and structured authoring principles to maximize content reusability across delivery types, products, and versions.
- Experience designing and writing content using XML, DITA, and content management systems.
- Further skills in information architecture, OxygenXML or other DITA authoring tools, HTML, and CSS are desirable.