Organization: Trilyon, Inc.
Contact Name: Jeanne Leap
Address: 19925 Stevens Creek Blvd., Suite 190, Cupertino CA 95014
Phone Number: 1-877-874-5966 x108
Email Address: email@example.com
Web Site: trilyonservices.com
Job Title: Content Strategist
Job Duration: 12+ months; long term
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Provide overall leadership and strategic guidance to transform content capability for both online and print formats.
- Define logical content strategy, content architecture, data model, schema design, descriptive metadata stewardship, topic set, taxonomy, and content data governance.
- Work closely with stakeholders to understand business and technical requirements, analyze and define user requirements and user personas.
- Understand business cases for creating newer content types and include them in short-term and long-term content strategies to stay ahead of the competition.
- Assess, catalogue, and organize content inventory and define a content strategy to improve the structure of content, access to information, and relevancy of content to the targeted audience.
- Develop supporting business cases, clarify requirements, and drive multiple programs to achieve clear compatible goals that are consistent with the content strategy and meet business demands.
- Build a content strategy and track progress at all levels of the company; up to the executive level.
- Work closely with and supervise teams responsible for producing content, data models/schema, producing topics/ taxonomies and performing content data governance.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders, such as product champions, content champions, content systems architects/developers, product systems architects/developers and editorial domain experts to ensure that our content assets are and will become best in class.
- Develop content maintenance and governance strategy.
- Develop and document relevant workflows in a content management system.
Related Business/Technical Knowledge, Skills, and Expertise:
- XML and/or Oxygen Required.
- Understand business process flows, navigational flow, create wireframes, site maps, and use cases.
- Possess a strong understanding of the value of conceptual, logical, and physical data modeling, and add value to content-centric organizations.
- Possess an understanding of the fundamentals of information architecture, content strategy, and related taxonomies.
- Have in depth understanding of content-systems related functions, processes, and editorial functions utilizing current web-based technologies and data architectures.
- Have in depth understanding of DITA and related standards and tools.
- Demonstrate ability and success in leading major strategic projects.
- Possess exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work effectively with technology and editorial organizations.
- Demonstrate ability to work through problems and negotiate pragmatic workable solutions.
- Collaborate with content champions/editorial experts and product champions to define the content architecture and strategy at the conceptual and logical levels.
- Collaborate with product and content champions to understand the overall product strategy and roadmap, and translate requirements into action plans.
- Collaborate closely and drive strategic efforts to expose content via APIs or Open Web.
- Define data models/schema across all content sets ensuring consistency with product display requirements.
- Define topic sets that classify data in support of content architecture, product architecture and search relevance/completeness.
- Define / Adopt taxonomies to Organize data in support of Content architecture, product architecture and search relevance / completeness.
- Develop and present business cases that support the implementation of the content Architecture.
- Drive technology selection in support of new content production architectures, including evaluation of our clients offering and off-the-shelf technologies, custom solutions, and partnership options, with thorough evaluation of costs, benefits, risks, and risk mitigation strategies.
- Guide and Coordinate the implementation of the content collection, editorial and production systems infrastructure to meet the needs of the content/content architecture at the physical level.
- Work closely with editorial development and content operation functions to ensure that resources are optimally utilized.
- Stay abreast of research efforts and industry trends that support or redirect the content architecture strategy.
- Create metrics to define content quality and state of the existing content.
- Define metrics that measure the content strategy/info architecture.
- Possess an understanding of Search and SEO.