Organization: Innovatia Inc.
Contact Name: Deborah Stafford
Address: 1 Germain Street, Saint John, New Brunswick E2L 4V1
Phone Number: 506-674-5633
Email Address: Deborah.Stafford@Innovatia.net
Web Site: www.innovatia.net/careers
Job Title: Senior Content Strategist
Job Duration: 1 year Contract
Location: San Jose, CA
Responsible for analyzing client objectives and designing knowledge ecosystems. This entails understanding end-user needs and balancing project constraints to recommend and implement design solutions that organize complex information sources in a structure that supports optimal usability, findability, accessibility and maintainability of information.
This person is also responsible for working with senior editors in developing content and quality standards, mentoring writers in information design and supporting the content development lifecycle.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to act as an advisor to clients, designing solutions and offering recommendations
- Ability to design knowledge management solutions that meet corporate and customer goals
- Effectively work with and support the sales team in key accounts
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and lead customer-facing discussions, demonstrating thought-leadership and subject matter expertise
- Ability to design and scope (effort, timelines, etc.) solutions to meet individual customer needs
- Ability to successfully collaborate with and inspire a geographically distributed team
- Must have the flexibility to travel (often on short notice)
- Individual should be a self-starter – highly self-motivated with the ability to work to deadlines
- Post-secondary education in a related technical field (for example, Technical Communications, Library and Information Science, Computer Science, Information Sciences, UX, Industrial Design, Instructional Design)
- 5+ years of experience in information design, architecture and technical communication
- Must have a broad range of senior level experience understanding corporate requirements in the knowledge management space, including information architecture, technical writing, and instructional design
- Experience in oil and gas sector would be beneficial
- Extensive experience working with external clients in an advisor role
- Experience in project management skills are an asset
- Highly knowledgeable of latest industry trends and standards and best practices in information architecture
- Demonstrated skills in some (if not all) of the following:
- Information modelling
- Metadata strategy
- Ontology/taxonomy design
- Usability assessment and testing
- Workflow process analysis
- User interface design
- Content development
- Working knowledge of content management and publishing tools and technologies
- Knowledge of XML/DITA and structured information authoring
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills (both technical and non-technical)
- Ability to understand business objectives and design applications that achieve them
- Affiliation with industry associations such as STC, IEEE, AIIM, CMPros, or OASIS
To apply for this dynamic opportunity, upload your resume and cover letter to www.innovatia.net/careers.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Innovatia is an equal opportunity employer.