Organization: Expert Support
Contact Name: Laura Lyon
Address: 5150 El Camino Real, Los Altos, CA 94022
Phone Number: 650-941-9778
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Web Site: http://expertsupport.com
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: One year +
Are you a superb technical writer who loves explaining complex APIs to software developers?
Are you skilled at working with software engineers who create APIs?
Do you have excellent examples of clear API documentation and code samples in your portfolio?
Do you thrive working with responsible, transparent professionals who love what they do?
Founded in 1990, Expert Support provides professional technical communications services to leading Silicon Valley companies. Check out www.expertsupport.com to learn more about us.
We are actively looking for technical writers to fill immediate assignments for onsite work in Cupertino, Mountain View, Sunnyvale, and other venues around the Valley.
Responsibilities and Duties
As a technical writer assigned to work on-site with our client’s engineering team, you will develop and release technical documentation and education programs that help our client’s engineers become more productive and knowledgeable. You will work closely with world-class software developers and internal software engineering education teams to help define and build next-generation technical documentation, education programs, and tools.
Qualifications and Skills
You must have demonstrable experience creating API documentation and other hard-core technical documents for software developers. Your resume must include:
- 3+ years of experience working effectively with engineering and product management teams as part of a modern software development process (Unix, GIT, JIRA) to produce technical documents or course materials
- Experience reading and understanding source code written in Java, C++, and Python (you must be able to understand written code, and ideally, write new code samples)
- Ability to navigate a complex technical landscape and interact with multiple engineers to assemble classes and documentation
- BA/BS degree in Technical Writing, English, Journalism, Computer Science, or a related field
- Strong familiarity with HTML and CSS and Markdown
- Strong collaboration and project management skills
- 3-5 portfolio examples that demonstrate the above qualifications
- Ability to commute daily to work assignments in Mountain View, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, and other Silicon Valley communities
- Authorized to work in the United States, and able to pass a background check
Job Type: Full-time