Organization: FICO (Fair Isaac)
Contact Name: Christa Hoelscher
Address: 181 Metro Drive, San Jose, CA 95110
Phone Number: 760-468-4081
Email Address: ChristaHoelscher@fico.com
Web Site: https://fico.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/External/job/US-San-DiegoCA/Senior-Technical-Writer_25941-1
Job Title: Senior Technical Writer
Job Duration: Staff position
FICO (NYSE: FICO) is a leading global analytics software company, helping businesses in 90+ countries make better decisions. Join our world-class team today and fulfill your career potential!
Senior technical writer to support the Analytics Workbench product.
What You’ll Contribute
- Proactively learn about the FICO products to which you are assigned.
- Work with development team to define the documentation deliverables for each release.
- Research, write, and edit the deliverables.
- Coordinate the production and handoff of all final deliverables.
- Proactively explore architectural and platform issues relevant to the products, and provide technical assistance to sales, marketing, support and other technical writers.
- Frequently interact with Product Managers, Development and QA teams, subject-matter experts, and the Technical Publications team.
- Interaction is both scheduled and ad hoc in our iterative development environment.
- Work with other technical writers across FICO to look for ways to continually improve our processes and procedures.
What We’re Seeking
- BA/BS degree in Technical Writing, English or Computer Science.
- Significant technical writing or software development experience, or the equivalent combination of work experience and education—all candidates will be asked to provide writing samples.
- Proven ability with English spelling, grammar, punctuation, syntax and composition rules and a clear business/technical writing style.
- Experience writing topics in DITA and working with a content management system.
- Familiarity with Java or another object-oriented programming language.
- Experience writing programming guides and API references.
- Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- Familiarity with XML and HTML.
- Experience creating videos is helpful, but not required.